2012 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ended: May 16, 2012
19 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
3 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Best For Food"
Pacifica, CA hosts parks and beaches with coastal, mountainous views and noteworthy sunsets. Only 20 minutes outside of San Francisco, the city cherishes its smaller town feel so close to the city.
Visitors love Rockaway Beach, the Pacifica Pier, Pedro Point, and Skyline Blvd. It’s also home to Frontierland Park, San Pedro County Park, and Mori Point. Linda Mar State Beach is a favorite destination with adventure-seekers interested in surfing, hiking, and biking.
Each year, Pacifica hosts the Pacific Coast Fog Festival during the last Saturday and Sunday of September. The festival offers a hometown parade, plenty of activities for children, and a variety of local artists, vendors, and performers.
You can explore the town using the free Gold Line Shuttle and stop by the Sanchez Art Center, Coastside Farmer’s Market, or Pacifica Skate Park. Be sure to see Portola’s Statue and capture the hills, mountains, and ocean on film.
- Love it. Great Sunsets for your daily walks. Kokos Restaurant is great fresh seafood too. Very friendly town with many events throughout the year. Don't for get to get great pizza and italian food at Granuccis.
- on May 2, 2012
- Sunsets, coastal views, gentle waves lapping, birds and sea life. It's not common to find a place so serene and beautiful yet so close, just 20 minutes, from the hustle and bustle of City life. The pictures say it all...beautiful beaches, parks and trails. Coastal accommodations, including hotels, restaurants and recreation.
- on May 16, 2011
- I have lived in Pacifica for 14 years and I love it! It feels more like a sleepy beach town than a suburb and it's amazing that it's only 15 minutes from downtown San Francisco. I never get tired of driving down highway 1 on my way home from work and seeing that spectacular view. With 70% open space there is opportunity for hiking, biking, surfing or just enjoying the view and the fresh ocean air. Come visit us!
- on May 14, 2012
- Love living here in Pacifica. Lots of family friendly stuff to do. Good people small town feel right near San Francisco. Plus, the sunsets are amazing!
- on June 21, 2011
- I've lived in Pacifica for almost five years now and I can honestly say that I never get tired of driving around and simply enjoying the various views around town. It has not grown to the level of Half Moon Bay or Santa Cruz but that is part of the charm. It's still a simple, small town that is on the verge of growth and change but still maintains it's small town feel. Walks along Linda Mar Beach and breakfast at Nicks are some of my favorite things to enjoy. Don't forget to try a sandwich at Colombo's Delicatessen if you like a hearty, Italian sandwich. Then go across the street to Mazzetti's Bakery for dessert. Both are local favorites that have been part of the pride of Pacifica for years.
- on April 18, 2012