Crown Point State Historic Site
Fort St. Frédéric, constructed by the French in the 1730s, featured a four-story high stone redoubt with 12-foot thick walls and an impressive array of cannon. It was intended to intimidate all potential challengers to French rule and to control the flow of traffic on the lake. Its British successor His Majesty’s Fort at Crown Point, built in 1759 replaced the shattered ruins of the fort the French had evacuated and destroyed.
739 Bridge Rd
- New York, United States of America 12928
- 44.02094500, -73.42315500
- Visit Website
- (518) 597-4666