Vischer Ferry Historic District
The Vischer Ferry Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 because of its large concentration of working class Greek Revival structures. Six of the buildings have columned porticos and many have engaged pilasters and other Greek Revival architectural details. It is a typical upstate New York Canal village containing the remains of the original canal and two dry docks where canal boats were built and repaired. Canal boat carpenters constructed the homes between 1833 and 1862. Examples of later Victorian and Queen Anne architecture are also evident in the District.
c/oTown of Clifton Park Planning Department
1 Town Hall Plaza
- Niskayuna, NY 12065
- 42.79606200, -73.82578600
- Visit Website