2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
64 Votes - "Most Fun"
9 Votes - "Friendliest"
5 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
2 Votes - "Best For Food"
1 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
A family-friendly college town, Denton hosts the University of North Texas, Texas Women’s University, and North Central Texas College. Young residents thrive in the arts and music scene while families enjoy plenty of parks and festivals, all of which culminate in Courthouse Square.
The downtown square is bustling with shops, eateries, entertainment venues and events. Visitors can shop, relax at a spa, eat to their hearts content and catch a live show or browse a gallery. In addition to the Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum, the town offers an African American Museum, a Firefighters’ Museum, the Bayless-Selby House Museum and Hangar 10 Museum. The universities host the majority of the dozen art galleries and walking tours are available.
Music entertainment ranges from Concerts on the Square and Twilight Tunes to the annual Arts & Jazz Festival in April. Also check out Denton Community Theatre, Dan’s Silverleaf, and the Center for Visual Arts for more local talent. These venues host film, storytelling, flower, holiday and blues festivals annually, plus concerts, tastings and art shows.
Denton’s also home to Horse Country with a number of local horse farms where visitors can tour and ride. Additional local tours include live music pub crawls, historic walking tours, a public art tour, and a sampling tour that combines museums, shopping and restaurants. See what else residents love about Denton in their reviews.
- Kamagra Oral Jelly Suisse Antibiotics viagra Orlistat En Vente Libre
- on October 22, 2017
- Acheter Viagra France Pas Cher cialis Canadian Name Brand Viagra Viagra Bestellen Online When Will Dapoxetine Be Available?
- on October 20, 2017
- Dose Amoxil 875 generic cialis Acheter Cialis Tadalafil 20mg 2.5mg Cialis Online
- on October 12, 2017
- BEST FOR FOOD (IMHO) --- Old West Cafe (breakfast) - Loco Cafe (breakfast) - Seven Mile Diner (breakfast) - RG Burgers and Grill ( American) - Rooster's Roadhouse (American) - Rusty Taco (Tacos) - Jupiter House (Coffee and Pastries) - Mazatlan ( Mexican) - Yummy's (Greek) - Bagheri's (Italian) - Bochy's Bistgro (French) - Keiichi (Sushi) - Mr. Chopsticks (Sushi) - Andaman (Thai) - Hannah's Off the Square (To Take a Date) - The Abbey Inn Restaurant & Pub (British) - GreenHouse Restaurant and Bar (Steaks) - Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream (Sweets) - Oak Street Drafthouse and Cocktail Parlor (Drinks) --- Unfortunately, there is not an outstanding place for pizza, BBQ, seafood or Indian cuisine in Denton proper. Rudy's is okay for BBQ, however.
- on July 8, 2013
- Denton is a wonderful place to live and raise kids. I didn't grow up here, but attended college here and fell in love. Soon after getting married, my husband and I moved here and bought a home. I can't imagine a better place to raise kids. There are so many educational activities here. Music, arts and science is strongly supported. UNT and TWU have several programs to support the local community. The schools are excellent (most elementary are exemplary). There are plenty of family activities. I highly recommend Denton as the best place to live and raise a family.
- on July 3, 2013