Baker City, Oregon
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
528 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
21 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Most Fun"
In Baker City’s second year running for Most Beautiful we saw even more of what this quaint small town has to offer. While the Geiser Grand Hotel is still a main attraction with its historic building, trade mark clock tower, and highly acclaimed food, our visit included the Adler House, Thomas Angus Ranch, Sumpter Valley Railroad and Oregon Trail Interpretive Center as well.
The Leo Adler House Museum explores the life of a Baker City philanthropist from the 1800s with tours, art, and dining on site. The Oregon Trail and Sumpter Valley Railroad also take visitors back in time to re-live westward expansion and gold country both with interactive offerings.
Thomas Angus Ranch raises cattle beneath the Elkhorn Mountains with real cowboys wrangling cattle and a party barn. Visitors may also enjoy fly fishing locally or attending community events like the annual Wooden Bat Tournament, We Like ‘Em Short Film Festival, Music in the Meadow or one of several rodeos.
Baker City’s also a prime location to view wildlife, particularly elk, whether on the Elkhorn Scenic Byway or a guided tour. Don’t miss the Farmer’s Market, Heritage Museum, Brownlee Reservoir or the downtown walking tour while in town. For more on what Baker City offers see their reviews.
- Amoxicillin Side Affets Cialis Da 10 O Da 20 Mg Valtrex Coupons Online Lowpricenonprescriptionviagra viagra generic isotretinoin acne find real visa cod only Retin A No Prescription
- on October 28, 2017
- Our favorite stop in the Northwest. When we go to visit our son in Washington, we always stop in Baker City, often going to and coming from. The Geiser Grand Hotel is our favorite anywhere. We have stayed there overnight, and eat there every trip, and shop in the gift shop. Have plans for more extensive stays to explore the area. A real treasure.
- on August 12, 2013
- My husband and I attended the Music in the Park on Sunday and met some wonderful people and enjoyed some wonderful music. What a special little city.
- on August 7, 2013
- Greatest small town in the west! Beautiful historic district. Amazing Oregon Trail Interpretive Center. Baker City, Oregon will always be on my list of destinations that I will return to and know that the people will always greet me with a smile, and I will always find opportunities to enjoy my stay.
- on August 6, 2013
- Baker City is beautiful. So many beautiful trees and Victorian homes. The sunsets over the Elkhorn mountains are spectacular! With the small town feel and great scenery, I would not live anywhere else.
- on August 6, 2013