2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
3 Votes - "Friendliest"
2 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
1 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
1 Votes - "Best For Food"
DeLand is named after its founder, Henry Addison DeLand, and is considered the Athens of Florida. It is home to Florida’s oldest private college, Stetson University, with a campus classified as a National Historic District. Be sure to visit the Stetson campus while visiting, and don’t miss the Stetson Mansion, Florida’s first luxury home built in 1886.
While the town hosts many events yearly, the most popular is the annual DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts. This two-day event held in the historic downtown area attracted over 50,000 people from all over Florida in recent years. The downtown area has been recognized as a "national Main Street program," and offers renowned shopping, dining and hotels.
As expected in Florida, DeLand is home to the outdoors with parks and lakes for boating, recreation and beauty. Stay on the St. John’s River or take a guided boat tour; get active with swimming, canoeing and kayaking; or nature watch with a variety of fish and birds in the area. Row through Lake Woodruff National Forest from De Leon Springs for 18,000 acres of natural exploration.
If you’re still looking for an adventure, visit the famed Skydive DeLand, the training capital of the world. DeLand is also known for its air station and features a Naval Air Station Museum with historic artifacts and equipment on display. For more on Florida’s patriotic treasure, check out these reviews.
- Propecia Genuine Where To Buy Acticin cialis Site Confiance Achat Cialis Amoxicillin Sinus Infection Fake Generic Viagra
- on September 24, 2017
- On Line Stendra In Internet Secure Cod Accepted Overseas http://cialtobuy.com - generic cialis Sildenafil 50mg Tablets To Buy Buy Cheap Online Uk Viagra Worldwide Clobetasol Lichen Planus Cod Internet Store Express Delivery Newcastle online pharmacy Propecia Maracaibo
- on September 13, 2017
- The small town of Deland Florida reminds you of an old town. Very friendly many shops and restaurants old time barber shop with Stetson university on the out skirts of town.
- on September 3, 2013
- I have lived in Deland since 2003 and I have to say it is one of the most friendliest places I have ever been. I love the old town feel, the old houses and the people most of all. I love history and it has alot of history Nd it has lots of things to see and do. As for the patriotism I hav never seen a town that shows up to thank our current and fallen soldiers they truly care and take care of the families affected. If you are near our quaint little town stop by and check is out you won't e disappointed.
- on July 20, 2012
- We are proud to be DeLandites, and DeLand is proud to be American! We are home to Volusia Honor Air, sending WWII Veterans to Washington DC; we are home to the DeLand Naval Air Station Museum, celebrating 70 years of Naval Air history in DeLand this year; we are home to Defending Freedom Warrior Weekend, honoring and supporting the Wounded Warrior Project; and don’t forget the beautiful display of flags our local Rotary Clubs line Woodland Blvd. with each Federal holiday.
- on June 4, 2012