2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
210 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
43 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
11 Votes - "Friendliest"
3 Votes - "Best For Food"
3 Votes - "Most Fun"
3 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
Sandpoint, ID has an overwhelming view from the Long Bridge into town with Schweitzer Mountains creating the backdrop and Lake Pend Oreille perfectly supplementing the setting. A 43-mile long, glaciated body of water, Pend Oreille, is the fifth deepest lake in the U.S. with 111 miles of shoreline. Its pristine waters are a major factor in the community of Sandpoint’s high ranking as a premier tourist destination. Visitors can take a ski lift up 6,800 feet for the majestic view or try a boat cruise down below.
The area offers plenty of outdoor activities from skiing and boating to biking or hiking. Attractions include the Cedar Street Bridge Public Market, Silverwood Theme Park, Boulder Beach Waterpark, and Farrugat State Park. Visitors can also enjoy the Bonner County Museum or the Panida Theater.
For avid golfers, Sandpoint is an ideal destination. Sandpoint and the surrounding area boast numerous courses and a wide range of course options. Nearby hotels offer affordable “stay and play” packages.
- I had a hard time finding just one picture to add-- but sunset on the Long Bridge won! I have live in this area for 7yrs now and wake up every morning saying what has become a motto here-- "Another Fine Day In Paradise!" I have lived all over the West Coast and abroad, but the captivating beauty that surrounds this place is like waking up among the clouds; almost touching heaven itself!
- on September 17, 2012
- We went through this town while travelling in Idaho and I must say it was absolutely beautiful!
- on September 13, 2012
- My grandparents have lived on Lake Pend Oreille my whole life. They had farm land and owned a realty business too. I think Sandpoint is one of the most wonderful places in America! My daughter and I are leaving today to drive 1800 miles; final destination, Sandpoint!
- on August 3, 2012
- Sh-h-h-h. Keep this to yourselves. Sandpoint is too cool to be compromised by crowds. Everyone, please go to Coeur d'Alene. It's quite nice and 45 miles closer.
- on July 30, 2012
- Wonderful place, getting a bit more crowded than I like, but still nice. The lake is huge, the ski hill is awesome, and the food is right up there with "Excellent!"
- on June 28, 2012