2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
210 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
43 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
11 Votes - "Friendliest"
3 Votes - "Best For Food"
3 Votes - "Most Fun"
3 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
Sandpoint, ID has an overwhelming view from the Long Bridge into town with Schweitzer Mountains creating the backdrop and Lake Pend Oreille perfectly supplementing the setting. A 43-mile long, glaciated body of water, Pend Oreille, is the fifth deepest lake in the U.S. with 111 miles of shoreline. Its pristine waters are a major factor in the community of Sandpoint’s high ranking as a premier tourist destination. Visitors can take a ski lift up 6,800 feet for the majestic view or try a boat cruise down below.
The area offers plenty of outdoor activities from skiing and boating to biking or hiking. Attractions include the Cedar Street Bridge Public Market, Silverwood Theme Park, Boulder Beach Waterpark, and Farrugat State Park. Visitors can also enjoy the Bonner County Museum or the Panida Theater.
For avid golfers, Sandpoint is an ideal destination. Sandpoint and the surrounding area boast numerous courses and a wide range of course options. Nearby hotels offer affordable “stay and play” packages.
- Beautiful lake, beautiful mountains, beautiful people!
- on June 1, 2012
- Friendly, wholesome and real people. Don't know anyone? Don't worry. Anyone and everyone will talk to you and lend advice about the area...just ask.
- on May 24, 2012
- Sandpoint is the friendliest place on earth!!!
- on May 17, 2012
- When I decided to make Sandpoint my home 30 years ago, it was primarily because I love the people here so much. I'm glad I did, because I keep meeting more great people here all the time.
- on May 16, 2012
- Sandpoint is all things to all people. For the summer hounds there is Lake Pend Oreille and the water sports that necessarily go with it. There are also the Cabinet and Selkirk Mountains with some of the most unspoiled hiking trails to be found in the lower 48. For the winter hounds there is a fantastic ski mountain, with incredible mountain and lake views and .....no crowds. For everything in between there is Laughing Dog Brewery with some of the happiest Hoppiest micro-brew in the Northwest. And add all of that to a quaint small town with friendly people and you have Sandpoint, Idaho. WARNING: No potatoes here!
- on May 16, 2012