2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
3 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
1 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
Franklin is a small, friendly town outside of Nashville full of Civil War history. The town, aptly named after the legendary Benjamin Franklin, was founded in 1799. Downtown, a statue named Chip representing the Confederate soldiers lost during the Battle of Franklin, is where the tight-knit community convenes.
The Main Street flows through small boutiques and eateries, a setting which provides a quaint, slow-paced feel. In addition to the historic town square and homes are Bowie Park and Nature Center, Iris City Gardens, the Natchez Trace Parkway, Cool Springs, Fort Granger, and Franklin Theatre. Downtown is also well known for its annual parades and festivals, notably the Main Street Festival in the springtime.
Franklin has a population of about 62,000 residents. The Cool Springs area boasts impressive dining, business (many Fortune 500 companies included), and shopping establishments. Franklin has been named “the number one small town in Tennessee.”
Franklin’s known for The Factory, a complex of 10 Depression-era buildings that once accommodated four factories and now house antique and art shops, event venues, and restaurants. The McNavigators raved about the food at Saffire and Puckett’s Grocery, where they vowed to make the nine-hour trek to return for more.
- Come see for yourself how friendly our town of Franklin, TN is. I think you'll fall in love with us!
- on June 1, 2012
- Being friendly is why I decided to relocate here. Three years ago I came down for a visit -- site unseen -- to see if I wanted to relocate here after spending way too many winters in the frozen tundra of Massachusetts. The folks were so friendly here, I stayed and sent for my things to be delivered. Immediately I felt like I belonged here. People were very welcoming. I learned a lot about what "Southern hospitality" means and now I feel like I am part of the fabric of the community -- all because someone cared enough to ask how I was doing and really wanted to know the answer. Come experience it for yourself. Y'all will find that it's pretty darn friendly here.
- on June 1, 2012
- The whole town is very friendly!!!!!
- on May 31, 2012
- Grew up there....wonderful town and great people. A must visit!
- on May 29, 2012
- Love the small shops all along Main St. The shop owners and employees make you feel very welcome.
- on May 16, 2012