2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
52 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
4 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
2 Votes - "Friendliest"
On top of being a Most Patriotic Town finalist, Duluth has won multiple City of Excellence awards and the Best of Gwinnett award in 2010. Founded in 1821 as a part of Gwinnett County, the citizens of Duluth take as much pride in the town's rich history as they do in its progress, hence the motto "Pride in Old and New."
Considered a suburb of Atlanta, Duluth has access to big city benefits while maintaining a small town feel. The town has retained this small town feel even with its phenomenal growth over the years. Duluth is also a designated Tree City because of the town's constant efforts to achieve an eco-friendly lifestyle. Duluth ranks 26th on Forbes' list of America's Best Places To Move.
The town is known for its variety of restaurants, namely the local favorite Rexall Grill, which is attached to Rexall Drugs. After a bite here, head to Crave Pie Studio for their famous Red White and Blue Pie. Don’t miss the Southeastern Railway Museum to see over 90 pieces of retired railroad equipment and to learn about Duluth's railway history.
Among the abundance of year round events, visitors will enjoy the Summer Stage concert series and the annual Duluth Music Festival each August, the No Reason Block Party, Duluth Staycation, and festivities for nearly every holiday. For more on this patriotic town, read locals' reviews.
- I was born in Duluth, GA and have always had such fond memories of "home" even while I was away for 17 years. I love how they have always displayed crosses for each and every veteran during the holidays.
- on May 14, 2012
- I've lived in Duluth my entire life and have watched the community grow, but maintain that small town feel. One of the most special things that the city does is putting up the crosses and American flags for our service men and women on Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veteran's Day.
- on May 10, 2012
- Great little town with lots of activities and friendly people.
- on May 10, 2012
- I enjoy the feeling i get witnessing the flags and memorials that are always displayed NO FAIL every occasion, each year.
- on May 9, 2012
- Duluth is a great town. They do alot re: veterans in that town. Beautiful and friendly too.
- on May 8, 2012