2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
832 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
11 Votes - "Friendliest"
4 Votes - "Most Fun"
2 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
This college town in the Flint Hills is the home of Kansas State University, founded as the Kansas Agricultural College in 1863. The city's historic homes and structures include Goodnow House, an idiosyncratic home owned by educator Isaac Goodnow, Wolf House, a stone house originally built in 1868, and the 1916 pioneer log cabin in City Park. You can also visit Sunset Zoo which features over 300 animals in African and North American settings. Southwest of the city, the Konza Prairie, a living research center of native tallgrass owned by the Nature Conservancy, offers hiking trails of three, five, and six miles. The fishing is excellent at Tuttle Creek Lake to the north.
- Cialis Generique 40 Mg levitra sold over the counter Propecia No Arranca Kamagra Achat 100 Mg Propecia Discount Card
- on November 29, 2017
- Viagra Vendita Negozio Vente Cialis Blog viagra prescription Buy Viarga Without A Percription How Propecia Works For Hair Loss
- on October 3, 2017
- Manhattan Kansas, is home to the Wildcats of KSU and the Big Red One on Fort Riley Kansas which creates a melting pot of great cachers and caches. We have anywhere from your simple 1/1 traditional cache to Mysteries that will challenge even the most experienced. This town is the greatest caching community that is more like a family. Come visit us and we will take you around and show you our town.
- on September 4, 2013
- Geocaching in Manhattan, KS has lots to offer. We have caches from D/T ratings of 1/1 to 5/5. We are a few hours drive from GC30-MIngo, the oldest active cache in the world. It was also the first cache placed in Kansas. Manhattan is home of the Kansas leg of the Cache Cache Across America Series. Geocachers in Manhattan are a community in and of themselves. We are willing to lend a hand to any cacher who needs it. We have a facebook page. Though not unusual for geocachers, we have included a PAF (Phone A Friend) file for anyone can contact a local cacher for assistance on a cache with which they are having difficulty. We have manned booths at community events introducing people to geocaching. Our events are well attended and we enjoy getting together for fun. I have great fun geocaching here. Finding the cache is always fun, but the journey getting there is what makes caching great because of the people with which you get to interact. This community of cachers are friends and we welcome others to join us.
- on August 13, 2013
- Born and raised in Manhattan, I'd never want to be anywhere else. It's the perfect mix of small town meets big city ideal. Known as the Little Apple, we offer everything from fine dining and theater to many parks with opportunities to boat, swim, fish and - geocache-. We have a very welcoming group called the Flinthills Geocachers who are always eager to meet new people and share their love of the sport. You can't appreciate it until you give it a try so if you are traveling I-70 drop in to see everything we have to offer.
- on August 7, 2013