2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
111 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
16 Votes - "Friendliest"
5 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
1 Votes - "Best For Food"
- Stopped in Jonesborough about 10 years ago on vacation and when it was time to retire and move south there was no question where our new home would be. As a Veteran there is a state of the art VA hospital just a few miles away. It seems as though there is something to do every weekend.
- on September 16, 2013
- Love, Love, Love Jonesborough! Such a beautiful piece of American history!
- on August 19, 2013
- I grew up a military brat and married military. Medical residency brought my family to the Jonesborough area. After spending so much time involved in community events in Jonesborough, we bought a house 2 miles from Main Street. I have lived all over the country and cannot think of a better place to raise a family or retire. About 9 years ago, I auditioned at the town supported community theatre for the 1940's USO (United Service Organization) Show 9 years ago - its premiere performance. I have performed with the show every summer since - and a couple of Christmases as well . The Show is a tribute to our nation's veterans past and present. The entire show is based on music from WWII - big band, and includes commercials and skits dedicated to the memory of soldiers during that time and the families they left back in the states. Every summer show is new. But what remains it that at the end of each show, we sing the song for each military branch in honor of that branch and present the veterans in the audience small flags in honor and appreciation of their service to this country. This is only one example of what the Town of Jonesborough does to show our patriotism. I am proud to be a member of this patriotic community!
- on August 19, 2013
- Since moving to Jonesborough 10 years ago, I have been blessed to be part of such a great community. This town is so special and deserves to be recognized as one of the Best Small Towns in America!
- on August 16, 2013
- Jonesborough, Tennessee is a special place for many people. The Oldest Town in Tennessee is a charming place to visit and a great area to work but most of all, a wonderful community to live! With flags adorning the streets of a well preserved downtown, Jonesborough is the Most Patriotic of Best of the Road! You can visit our website at historicjonesborough.com or visit us on facebook at Historic Jonesborough.
- on August 15, 2013
Showing 16 through 20 of 21 reviews
Add a Photo
You must be logged in to add photos.×