Peachtree City, Georgia
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
2363 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
59 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
16 Votes - "Friendliest"
14 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
4 Votes - "Most Fun"
3 Votes - "Best For Food"
Chartered in March 1959, Peachtree City is a residential area containing 90 miles of golf cart trails. As the golf cart capital of the world, the community boasts a record-setting golf cart parade each year on the 4th of July in addition to parades for most major national holidays. The people here are friendly and welcoming, hosting honorary celebrations for fallen soldiers arriving at the local airport.
There isn’t a local base, but citizens are proud of the fact that most have served or have family serving in the military. Locals have preserved World War II memorabilia at the Commemorative Dixie Wing Museum including planes the Dixie Wing still flies. Captain and Clark appreciated that the citizens “support their veterans, raise their children to be active and aware members of society, and all share a deep-rooted love for this country.”
Shopping and dining opportunities are plentiful in Peachtree City. Residents and visitors can enjoy treasure hunting at one of five village shopping malls. Restaurants feature eclectic and top-notch flavors from around the world. For adventure-seekers, Peachtree City offers multi-use paths, which many use for biking. Lake Peachtree is ideal for picnicking, boating, and fishing.
In addition to their renowned parades, the city hosts the annual Great Georgia Air Show, Shakerag Arts & Crafts Festival, Touch-A-Truck, and the Spring Garden Show. Locals love The Fred amphitheater, Canongate Golf Course, Flat Creek and Line Creek nature areas, and Tinsley Mill. The city is also a short distance to the Atlanta-Hartsfield Airport.
- Will have to put this place on our GeoMap.
- on August 26, 2013
- I hesitate to talk about how great this place is. I lived in Dallas, TX for 35 years and loved it, but nothing could get me to leave this beautiful place. Insiders call it "the bubble". It truly is.
- on August 13, 2013
- I moved her 5 yrs ago and lived in balmoral village apt lst in a 3bdrm townhome now an 2bdrm apt. I've decided because I love everything about peachtree city, by 2014 i ve planned to purchase my lst home here......I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT PEACHTREE CITY GEORGIA
- on August 13, 2013
- Peachtree City is a Geocaching Dream. With approximately 300 active caches in and around the community, Geocachers can explore and hunt by car, golf cart, bicycle, boat, and on foot. Peachtree City's 90-mile network of multi-use paths wind around lakes, golf courses, neighborhoods, and through some of the most beautiful Georgia woodlands and parks. Peachtree City Mayor Don Haddix declares August as the 31 Days of Geocaching for 2013.
- on August 7, 2013
- Located just 26 miles south of Atlanta; Peachtree City is where active lifestyle meets relaxation and leisure. Perfect for business, family fun, sports tournaments, reunions, and outdoor recreation, Peachtree City is where southern hospitality and charm meet resort style living! HOP ON BOARD one of PeachtreeCity’s signature vehicles and learn how much better life can be at 15 mph on over 90 miles of multi-use recreational and golf cart paths. Join in the annual 4th of July Celebration featuring the largest golf cart parade in the U.S. followed by amazing fireworks over sparkling Lake Peachtree. With over 12,000 registered golf carts decked out in red, white and blue, you won't find a more patriotic community anywhere!
- on September 17, 2012