Corning, New York
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
1064 Votes - "Most Fun"
106 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
20 Votes - "Friendliest"
16 Votes - "Best For Food"
2 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
1 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
Corning’s glasswork, wine and beauty make it an attractive location for a getaway. The town is home to the Corning Museum of Glass, where more than 45,000 pieces make up the world’s largest glass collection. See sculptures, windows, and demonstrations, then make your own. Children can watch a glassmaker turn one of their drawings into a creation and adults can construct their own in a studio.
The Rockwell Museum of Art offers as much of a presentation with paintings and sculptures demonstrating western art. View paintings of the cowboys and Indians and sculptures of animals throughout three galleries. The Kids Rock area provides activities, scavenger hunts, drawing and games for younger visitors.
With its prime location in the Finger Lakes, Corning is surrounded by wineries with tours and tastings for visitors. Local vintners participate in festivals, fairs, famers markets and entertainment with events all year round. There are even a few breweries in the area as well.
Visit the Historic Gaffer District for shopping and dining, where you’ll find renowned architecture and over 100 local businesses. With three additional museums and food, art and antiques tours, there’s so much to see and do here. Get more ideas from Corning’s reviews.
- Try finding a store like Pure Design in any other city - just walk in and the fun begins for those who appreciate modern design!
- on September 3, 2013
- So glad to call this place my home town, SO much fun and so many things to do!
- on September 3, 2013
- I don't live in Corning but run a shop here for over 20 years and have the most fun with all our visitors and the locals. We have great festivals and Holiday celebration. With over 35 years of historic preservation making the city a beautiful place to visit too.
- on August 26, 2013
- Great little city....so glad I live nearby! So much to do and see..
- on August 19, 2013
- We took a chance and moved to Corning seven years ago. Knew very little about the town and didn't know a soul. Was the best thing we ever did. The people here are just wonderful, there is something going on in town all the time, and we are so close to the "Lakes". Everything about Corning is magical!!!
- on August 16, 2013