Corning, New York
2012 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ended: May 16, 2012
117 Votes - "Most Fun"
13 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
4 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Best For Food"
Corning’s glasswork, wine and beauty make it an attractive location for a getaway. The town is home to the Corning Museum of Glass, where more than 45,000 pieces make up the world’s largest glass collection. See sculptures, windows, and demonstrations, then make your own. Children can watch a glassmaker turn one of their drawings into a creation and adults can construct their own in a studio.
The Rockwell Museum of Art offers as much of a presentation with paintings and sculptures demonstrating western art. View paintings of the cowboys and Indians and sculptures of animals throughout three galleries. The Kids Rock area provides activities, scavenger hunts, drawing and games for younger visitors.
With its prime location in the Finger Lakes, Corning is surrounded by wineries with tours and tastings for visitors. Local vintners participate in festivals, fairs, famers markets and entertainment with events all year round. There are even a few breweries in the area as well.
Visit the Historic Gaffer District for shopping and dining, where you’ll find renowned architecture and over 100 local businesses. With three additional museums and food, art and antiques tours, there’s so much to see and do here. Get more ideas from Corning’s reviews.
- Corning is such an awesome place! So much to see and do. Love it there! :-)
- on May 15, 2012
- Awesome fun place to visit.
- on May 14, 2012
- great place to go,many things to do from kids to adult PLUS you can visit the coolest small town in america only 20 miles away.............
- on May 2, 2012
- Beautiful in the summer and fall, home of the museum of glass and close the the Finger Lakes Region
- on May 10, 2012
- You will love the shopping on Market Street, Corning Museum of Glass, Rockwell Museum and the surrounding Finger Lakes and wineries will complete your visit.
- on May 10, 2012