2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
2 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
Kentucky’s birthplace, Danville is a city full of firsts. The town has preserved Constitution Square where the state’s constitution was signed and re-built replica buildings from the time that visitors can tour. Stop by the historic Ephraim McDowell House and The Old Jail to step back in time.
Danville’s rich history includes several educational firsts from the first college and law schools in the West to the first state-funded School for the Deaf and first black home school in the county. Today the town’s the home of Centre College, a leading liberal arts school and host to the previous and upcoming vice presidential debates.
The small town is proud of its locally-owned restaurants, micro-breweries and shops. Start your day at The Hub Coffee Shop and end it at Mermaid’s, with stops at staples like Beer Engine, Red Rooster Café, Burke’s Bakery, Bluegrass Pizza and Pub or Pioneer Playhouse throughout your stay.
Visit in May to attend the annual Lawn Chair Film Festival, September for Eat Drink Danville and Oktoberfest, or November for the Kentucky BBQ Festival and Hogs and Logs Team Triathlon. For more of what’s going on in Danville, check out its reviews.
- Danville is located in Boyle Countyl KY. The city boasts Centre College, one of the highest rated small colleges in America. Also, it has Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center which serves several surrounding counties. Each year in June, Danville has the "Great American Brass Band Festival" which draws brass bands from several states. And last, it participates in the Battle of Perryville Civil War Battle re-enactment which is held in Perryville (Boyle Co. KY).
- on September 17, 2012
- Definitely deserves all those 'Most Beautiful' votes - highly recommended!
- on September 17, 2012
- Danville is an awesome place to live!
- on July 23, 2012
- I've lived and worked in the Danville and surrounding area all my life. It's a great place to raise a family, and has been a great place to live. I really don't see myself anywhere else. And as a photographer, it really is a gem of small town America and is very beautiful to photograph. Enjoy some of the photos I have added to the slides above including Constitution square, Main St, Centre College's Norton Center for the Arts, and several others. I'm proud to say I'm from Danville/Perryville!!!
- on July 16, 2012
- Most Beautiful Small Town
- on June 4, 2012