Lake Havasu City, Arizona
2012 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ended: May 16, 2012
4 Votes - "Most Fun"
2 Votes - "Friendliest"
2 Votes - "Most Patriotic"
1 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
Also known as “Arizona’s Playground”, Lake Havasu City enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year. Those who relish the outdoors will have a great time at this adventurous hotspot, where fishing and hiking are everyday activities. Those looking to fish can expect to catch black (large and small-mouth) bass, striper, panfish and catfish.
Lake Havasu is a great waterfront experience for families. It offers beautiful sandy lake beaches and clean, clear, fresh water with little to no waves. Water temperatures are ideal for cooling off in the summer, and lukewarm into the fall. Beaches are dog--and boat--friendly. Recreation-wise, the city is also known for its off-road trails, sand dunes, canyons, and open desert for you to explore at your own pace. If you want a taste of all the city has to offer, try an Arizona Adventure Tour, where you’ll see amazing views and learn the stories behind them.
If you’re looking for gambling thrills in the Southwest without the chaos and hassle of Las Vegas, look no further than Lake Havasu City. It’s home to Havasu Landing Casino Lakeside Resort and Bluewater Resort and Casino. Casual gamers and serious gamblers can enjoy themselves here, with options from simple slots to card rooms with blackjack or poker.
For shoppers, Lake Havasu City has plenty of one-of-a-kind shops as well as bigger name chain stores. The Island Fashion Mall is unique in its location, with restaurants overlooking the Bridgewater Channel.
- Whether your traveling for business or pleasure, Lake Havasu City has something for everyone. With 300 days of sunshine, let your spirit for adventure soar, from hiking, fishing, boating, off-roading, golfing or just sit back and relax on one of the beautiful beach areas, Lake Havasu is a city like no other. The people who live, work and love the area aren't hard to find. It's a small town feel with a warmth and flavor all it's own.
- on May 15, 2012
- Each Day is like being on vacation when you live in Lake Havasu, beautiful sky, warm weather, beautiful lake...as locals always say..."Another Day in Paradise"...
- on May 4, 2012
- Friendly people, clean, fun. Great eats ie: Red Onion,Pita Paradise, Rosati"s Pizza to name a few. Family friendly with lots of water activities.
- on July 8, 2011
- A Beautiful town you always feel welcome in!
- on May 30, 2011
- Greatest retirement and vacation town ever!!
- on May 30, 2011