Lewiston, New York
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
3 Votes - "Best For Food"
Lewiston’s proximity to Niagara Falls in the Niagara River region makes for a mix of outdoor recreation, history, shopping and food and wine. While a trip to the falls is a must, the Niagara River provides the perfect setting for picnicking, hiking and white water rafting. Visitors often come to boat and fish as well, with biking, cross-country skiing, Frisbee golf and swimming also available.
At Niagara Falls take a boat tour on the famed Maid of the Mist or aim for an aerial view with a helicopter ride. Then head to the Niagara County Wine Trail where over a dozen wineries offer tours, tastings and year round events. Visit in July for the Annual Wine and Culinary Festival or September for Harvest Fest, amongst others.
Lewiston has a rich history for its role in the War of 1812 and the Underground Railroad. Tour Old Fort Niagara or The Lewiston Museum to go back in time, or visit one of three local theatres and Artpark in the summers for entertainment and creativity showcased. Our Lady of Fatima Shrine is another cultural attraction with scenic and spiritual significance.
Most importantly, Lewiston’s dining is enough of a draw on its own. Our team’s favorite stops included Orange Cat Coffee Company, Tommy George’s Village Coffee House, Mangia Café and Bakery, Village Bake Shoppe, Brickyard, Apple Granny, Hibbard’s Custard, Macri’s Italian Garden and six other fantastic finds. See where locals love to eat in Lewiston’s reviews.
- Sildenafil 50 Mg In Uk Usa Viagra Brand Ship 2 3 Days Awc Canadian Pharmacy viagra Cialis Nuevo
- on October 16, 2017
- Olmetec Online Without Prescription Achat Levitra Pro Cheap Viagra Pe viagra prescription Lamisil
- on October 13, 2017
- Comprare Viagra Pfizer viagra Zithromax Tinnitus Viagra 100mg Filmtabletten 12 Stuck Propecia Y Asepsia
- on October 5, 2017
- Lewiston is one of the most beautiful towns i have ever seen. The people there are so friendly and make you feel like you a part of the community even if your just visiting, And the food is delicious, There is this resturaunt called Apple Granny's, its located in the heart of the village, it may even be the heart of lewiston. It is family owned by John Roberts for over 30 years, in Apple Grannys everyone is like family and the food is out of this world! the Grilled Rueben is one of the best i have ever had and there wings are fantastic, I could go on and on but i think you get the point. Lewiston is a wonderful place and would recommend everyone to visit.
- on August 1, 2013
- My husband was born and raised in Lewiston area. Every year we go back to checkout the area and truly find Lewiston to be a great small town. Make a point of going to the Silo for our beef on weck....they are awesome. And Main Street is so quaint. In addition there are so many places to see and things to do once in the area. Love this place...love the river...we were just there this week.
- on July 30, 2012