Marco Island, Florida
2012 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ended: May 16, 2012
9 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
Marco Island is celebrated for the Ten Thousand Islands off its coast and incredible sunset views. The town boasts an immense diversity of wildlife from dolphins to manatees to birds and offers jet ski, catamaran, and boat tours through the environment. Marco Island boasts six miles of beach and over 100 miles of waterways.
The city of Marco Island is located in Collier County, a brief drive from the city of Naples. It is well known for its high quality of life, natural resources, casual atmosphere, and friendly people. Locals boast of luxurious resorts and favorite eateries like CJs on the Bay and Tiki Bar. Visitors enjoy crossing the Jolley Bridge and indulging in fishing, kayaking, or sailing.
Must-sees at Marco Island include the Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve. There’s no shortage of outdoor options with Caxambas Park, Marco River, Tigertail Beach, and Resident’s Beach.
This Gulf coast area features plenty of water recreation and great local seafood right on the beach. The McNavigators took advantage of a dinner cruise and were entertained by fire dancers. Marco Island is perfect for a fun and adventurous beach trip.
- Marco Island is a beautiful place with gorgeous beaches!
- on May 4, 2012
- I'm born and raised in the Fort Myers/Naples area. Marco Island is a beautiful town to visit and live.
- on April 30, 2012
- Marco island is one of the most beautiful beaches to visit in the USA. The community is friendly and has great places to eat. A great base to explore the west coast of Florida.
- on April 17, 2012
- Marco Island is a wonderful place to raise children, entertain guests and form life long friendships.
- on June 17, 2011
- Marco Island is spectacular! The Gulf is crystal clear and beautiful. Our beaches are immaculate, the days warm and breezy and sunsets are stunning every day. Marco Island truly is Paradise!
- on April 18, 2012