2012 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ended: May 16, 2012
82 Votes - "Friendliest"
22 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
1 Votes - "Best For Food"
Sandpoint, ID has an overwhelming view from the Long Bridge into town with Schweitzer Mountains creating the backdrop and Lake Pend Oreille perfectly supplementing the setting. A 43-mile long, glaciated body of water, Pend Oreille, is the fifth deepest lake in the U.S. with 111 miles of shoreline. Its pristine waters are a major factor in the community of Sandpoint’s high ranking as a premier tourist destination. Visitors can take a ski lift up 6,800 feet for the majestic view or try a boat cruise down below.
The area offers plenty of outdoor activities from skiing and boating to biking or hiking. Attractions include the Cedar Street Bridge Public Market, Silverwood Theme Park, Boulder Beach Waterpark, and Farrugat State Park. Visitors can also enjoy the Bonner County Museum or the Panida Theater.
For avid golfers, Sandpoint is an ideal destination. Sandpoint and the surrounding area boast numerous courses and a wide range of course options. Nearby hotels offer affordable “stay and play” packages.
- Sandpoint I'd deserves a much better rating it was rated as #1 small most beautiful town by Country living magazine sunset Magazine and more
- on May 2, 2013
- We went through this town while travelling in Idaho and I must say it was absolutely beautiful!
- on September 13, 2012
- My grandparents have lived on Lake Pend Oreille my whole life. They had farm land and owned a realty business too. I think Sandpoint is one of the most wonderful places in America! My daughter and I are leaving today to drive 1800 miles; final destination, Sandpoint!
- on August 2, 2012
- Sandpoint is the friendliest place on earth!!!
- on May 16, 2012
- When I decided to make Sandpoint my home 30 years ago, it was primarily because I love the people here so much. I'm glad I did, because I keep meeting more great people here all the time.
- on May 16, 2012