Santa Fe, New Mexico
2013 Best Small Towns in America
Contest ends: September 3, 2013
168 Votes - "Most Beautiful"
80 Votes - "Best For Food"
5 Votes - "Most Fun"
3 Votes - "Friendliest"
1 Votes - "Best for Geocaching"
Claiming to be the most exotic city in North America, Santa Fe is cultured and diverse. Spanish and Native American influences make for fascinating food, art and entertainment with a rich heritage evident all over town. While the food stands out, Santa Fe has so much more in store.
Santa Fe’s food focuses on the local staple—chile—and visitors should prepare to answer red or green? You can’t miss the New Mexican, Southwestern offerings, but the town has every other cuisine imaginable. Our team was thrilled with The Pantry, Maria’s, Marble Brewery, Rooftop Pizzeria and Coyote Café on their visit.
With the third largest art market in the U.S., Santa Fe boasts hundreds of art galleries, a variety of museums, opera and trademark architecture. View Pueblo and Greek-revival styles in protected historic districts, browse a gallery or attend one of several annual art markets, and take in the performing arts whether theater, dance or music. The town offers a dozen museums, four concentrated on Museum Hill near shopping and dining as well.
Outdoor recreation is a must in a destination that promises 300 sunny days each year. Hike, bike or swim in the summer and ski or ice skate in the winter. Families can choose between horseback riding, rafting, fishing or even riding a hot air balloon over the beautiful view in the valley below the Rocky Mountains. There’s even more to see and do discussed in Santa Fe’s reviews.
- If you live here in Santa Fe like I do, or you come for a visit you have to visit our Farmers Market. I am a huge health nut and a nutrionist and I LOVE buying my food from local famers. This market is available all year and has great vendors. I also grow my own vegetables and so having my home and property sprayed for bugs that could be a hazard is also on the top of my list. I use Bugman Pest and they are amazing. They spray every month and are great with the outdoor spraying too which saves my garden all year round.
- on June 17, 2015
- Bright blue sky...red and green chile...soft green pinon trees...rich brown buildings...vibrant silver jewelry...Santa Fe a colorful journey!
- on July 11, 2013
- If you love skiing this is te place to be
- on July 3, 2013
- Santa Fe is full of beauty...our landscape, sky's, food, art, and people.
- on July 2, 2013
- Santa Fe is magical! There is something in the air that provides a sense of sophistication, culture, and history. The sunsets are jaw-dropping and the cuisine is the best I've ever had!
- on July 2, 2013